NASHVILLE, LEBANON, SHELBYVILLE or SMYRNA, TN
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer, an Engineering News Record Top 250 Design firm with offices in nine states, has an opportunity for a Construction Inspector to join our growing engineering firm in the Middle Tennessee area. The ideal candidate will be able to monitor and inspect construction on a wide range of projects for public and private clients. Projects include roadway construction, bridge construction, roadway paving, sidewalks, and site developments.
Job duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Observe, oversee, and inspect construction work and prepare daily inspection reports and reviews.
- Conduct daily project inspections to ensure continuing project compliance with regulations, permits and environmental restrictions. Review and analyze coordinated sets of job plans and report deviations from plans and specifications to client, subcontractor and/or supervisor.
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of construction techniques, design, TDOT Specifications and documents. Familiarity with standard operations, policies, and procedures within the A/E industry is a must.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to work independently.
This position will require effective communication skills to coordinate production of project tasks and present deliverables to clients and vendors as applicable. The ideal candidate will be looking to take ownership and pride in tasks assigned with a team-oriented, positive attitude.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- HS diploma (or GED) and a minimum of 2 years of construction/inspection experience on roadway projects is preferred.
- TDOT CEI Certifications pertaining to concrete, asphalt, and aggregate testing preferred.
- TDEC Level 1 Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC) Training Program preferred.
- Physical demands require frequent walking on potentially uneven ground, standing, and stooping throughout each day.
- Working environment includes outdoors; exposure to environmental elements and working in high traffic areas.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields