GULF COAST REGION
Neel-Schaffer employs a highly qualified team of professionals skilled in a variety of coastal science and engineering disciplines. This multi-disciplinary approach allows for a more holistic blend of experience and services to meet every client’s coastal needs. We continue to seek individuals to advance innovative partnerships, and to effectively develop forward-thinking ideas that help create and maintain a resilient Gulf Coast. Our corporate structure comprises 500+ employees and offices in 9 states and 37 locations (12 Coastal offices along the Gulf), that enables us to maintain a strong commitment to local Coastal communities while providing access to engineering expertise on multiple levels. Engineering News-Record has listed Neel-Schaffer among the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States annually since 1994, with that ranking at 198th for 2018.
Neel-Schaffer’s Coastal Science and Engineering group seeks to add Coastal Engineers along the Gulf Coast with the technical background, expertise and experience in the design and implementation of habitat restoration, marsh creation, shoreline protection, hydrologic restoration and flood protection projects in Coastal Louisiana and other Gulf states. Engineering design includes the development of construction plans and specifications from borrow areas, sediment transport and placement, beach and dune restoration, shoreline protection and restoration and marsh creation. The various pre-design tasks may include collection and interpretation of data, model development, interpretation of model results, graphics development and report preparation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Coastal or Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in design and construction of Coastal projects (marsh creation, shoreline protection, hydrologic restoration and flood protection projects). Advanced degrees are encouraged.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, or Florida, as well as Louisiana. Registrations in other Coastal states are encouraged.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project management experience, including development of Plan, Scopes, Budgets and Schedules.
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of the principles and practices of coastal engineering, coastal hydrodynamics, and sediment transport mechanics.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex engineering calculations and modeling for the design or analysis of projects located in coastal environments.
- Experience working with the projects funded by the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA), the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council, Deep Water Horizon Natural Resource and Damage Assessment (NRDA) the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation-Gulf Environmental Benefit Fund (NFWF-GEBF), and/or other Gulf State agencies (Texas, MS, AL, FL).
- Experience and/or familiarity with Delft3D software or other comparable modeling.