NEW ORLEANS, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer Intern III to join our growing engineering firm in our New Orleans (LA) office. Under the supervision of Professional Engineers, the prospective Engineer Intern will produce plans and construction documents for a variety of civil engineering projects. These projects generally consist of roadway and drainage design, water/wastewater improvements, and some structural and coastal restoration.
The ideal candidate will have experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D,ArcGIS and /or other computer aided design software.
Some responsibilities include:
- Preparing construction cost estimates, schedules, reports, design calculations for projects
- Preparing design plans and specifications for projects
- Use of CAD and other design software to develop design documents.
- Assisting in construction administration duties for projects under construction.
- Work as part of a team environment with other engineers and technical staff.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Engineer Intern in the State of Louisiana or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Project.
Knowledge of hydraulic/hydrology software such as HEC-RAS/SWMM/HYDR etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of roadway and drainage design concepts.
- Knowledge of local municipalities design standards is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to visit sites during design and/or construction to observe and record applicable information needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields