BATON ROUGE or LAFAYETTE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
Neel-Schaffer has an opportunity for a Traffic Engineer Intern II to join our growing engineering firm in Louisiana, working out of our Baton Rouge or Lafayette offices. Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 200 Design firm that operates 38 offices across nine states. Neel-Schaffer offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Under the supervision of Professional Engineers, the prospective Engineer Intern will work in our traffic engineering group to complete a variety of traffic engineering projects such as traffic impact studies, traffic signal timing studies, safety studies, traffic signal designs, etc. The ideal candidate will have experience using MicroStation and /or other computer aided traffic analysis software.
Some responsibilities include
- Assist in the preparation of traffic impact studies.
- Assist in the preparation of safety analysis reports.
- Preparing construction cost estimates for traffic signal and ITS design projects.
- Use of CAD and other traffic analysis software to develop study documents.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Engineer Intern in Louisiana or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Proficiency in MicroStation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Project.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering software such as HCS, VISSIM, SIDRA, etc. is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to visit sites during design and/or construction to observe and record applicable information needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields