Neel-Schaffer is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Civil Engineer-In-Training in the firm’s Houston (TX) office.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals Examination (FE)
- Proficient personal computer skills including ArcGIS, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
1-2 years of experience is desired, and working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is highly preferred.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be a motivated, team-oriented individual who is willing to attend meetings with clients as needed.
The position will entail the following various work components:
- Develop and/or assist in the development of feasible engineering design alternatives to meet project requirements
- Utilize computer software to create detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for utility (sewer and water facility) design, drainage facilities and erosion control
- Develop and/or assist in the development of 3D models of projects using horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, typical sections and various design criteria
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, schedules and permitting for projects
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of plans for revisions
Equal Opportunity Employer