True North Emergency Management, LLC seeks qualified responses from persons for the position of Professional Land Surveyor in our Arlington, Texas office. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in supervising and running survey crew operations and the ability to perform the essential duties listed below.
Essential duties of this role:
- Perform ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Cadastral Surveys, Riparian Surveys, Plat of Highways, Route Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Construction Staking and Transportation projects with DOTs, Federal and local governmental agencies.
- Perform record searches at recorders offices and government entities.
- Prepare legal descriptions and calculate, prepare, sign, and seal surveys.
- Perform business development/marketing of survey skills
- Read and comprehend construction plans and understand construction layout.
- Maintain and adhere to QA/QC procedures / note taking and maintain office and field project material.
- Travel to inspect field operations and interact with clientele at remote project locations.
- Follow instructions/work orders from project managers.
- Organize field notes and execute field staking.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying and Mapping with 4+ years of related work experience as a subordinate to a Professional Surveyor. Must have 32 semester hours of coursework in surveying and mapping.
- Bachelor’s degree in related major with 6+ years of related work experience as a subordinate to a Professional Surveyor with at least 5 of those years being responsible for the accuracy and correctness of the surveying and mapping work performed. Must have 25 semester hours of coursework in surveying and mapping or related major.
- 5-10 years of land surveying experience in charge of field crews for all aspects of surveying and types of surveys.
- Proficiency with Trimble and Leica GPS, Trimble Robotic Total Station (S6), Trimble (TSC3) and TDS Ranger Data Collectors.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong verbal/communication skills with clients and office staff.
- Professional Land Surveyor registered in California is required.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad, Microstation, and Geopak.
- Proficiency with MDOT Standards, code lists, and survey requirements.
- $60.00 to $75.00/hour plus travel, lodging and per diem.
- Hourly, As needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer