BIRMINGHAM, AL | HOUSTON, TX | JACKSON, MS | NASHVILLE, TN
Neel-Schaffer is accepting applications from qualified persons for the position of Benefits and Compensation Manager. This employee can be based in our Birmingham, AL, Jackson, MS, Nashville, TN, or Houston, TX offices. Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 500 Engineering, Planning and Construction Management firm that operates throughout the Southeastern United States. It offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
As a member of the Human Resources Team, the Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a Total Rewards strategy to drive overall talent attraction and retention strategies for the Company. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Benefits and Compensation Manager will act as a subject matter expert, driving informed recommendations on benefit and compensation opportunities, administer employee insurance plans and work with brokers and plan carriers. The Manager will be responsible for analyzing compensation data within an organization and evaluating job positions to determine classification and salary. This exciting and important role will be integral in setting the overall long-term benefits strategy for a best-in-class organization.
You can learn more about the responsibilities here.
The Benefits and Compensation Manager will work under the supervision of the Director of HR and will receive general direction. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Registration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources and/or related field.
- 8+ years in of experience in analysis, plan design, implementation and administration of benefit and compensation programs.
- 3+ years leading a benefits function.
- In depth knowledge of US Labor and ERISA laws and regulations; experience with California labor and benefit laws a plus.
- Knowledge of the Financial structures and drivers of Self-insured Benefit Programs
- Compensation experience with salary surveys, benchmarking analysis and job classifications