Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn and the drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, client focused environment?
If so, Neel-Schaffer could be your next home. Our firm is seeking applications from qualified individuals for an experienced Administrative Services Manager in our Columbia (SC) office, to work fulltime, Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. At least five years of office administration work experience and an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) are required. Familiarity with the engineering industry is a plus.
Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 200 Design firm that operates 38 offices across nine states. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health care and a matching 401(k) savings plan.
This position will play an integral role in the customer service and organizational strength of our company. The Administrative Services Manager will provide administrative and business support to our Columbia staff and assist our Atlanta (GA) office. Qualified candidates will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, and a friendly demeanor. We prefer an energetic professional who can wear multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, executive support, and business accounting related tasks. The ability to work independently with little or no supervision, be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people is a must.
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate offices.
- Maintain a professional appearance of all common areas within the office suite including serving as liaison with building management staff.
- Offer administrative and executive support, including filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing and proofing documents, and making travel arrangements.
- Inventory, order, and maintain office and break room supplies.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities such as conferences and celebrations; Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
- Partner with Human Resource Department to assist with new hires, benefit enrollments, etc.
- Manage client invoicing from initial invoice distribution to making deposits, posting payments, tracking payments, and all aspects of accounts receivable for Columbia office clients.
- Process accounts payable for SC and GA offices, including vendor set-up, invoice entry, coding, and approval tracking.
- Provide occasional assistance with time sheet submission and employee expense report preparation.
- Manage individual professional and business licenses, including tracking and renewals.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Maintain office furniture and fixture inventory, including computer equipment, office phones, cell phones, and iPads.
- Manage fleet vehicles including maintenance and repairs.
- Assist Marketing Department with occasional proposal printing, binding, and possible delivery.
- Associate degree (Bachelor’s preferred).
- 5+ years of experience working in an office setting.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Able to take initiative and ownership of tasks under manager’s initial direction.
- Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.