BATON ROUGE, LA
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn, the drive to excel and to thrive in an engaged, client-focused environment? If so, then you could be our next perfect fit for the role of Administrative Assistant in our Baton Rouge (LA) office.
Neel-Schaffer is an Engineering News Record Top 250 Engineering Design firm based in Jackson, MS, with offices across eight other Southeastern states. Our firm is seeking applications from a qualified, experienced Administrative Assistant to work in Baton Rouge. This position will play an integral role in administrative, compliance and risk management support for General Counsel, Director of Safety and Health and the Director of Information Technology.
The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative, data management and invoicing support to our Baton Rouge team. Qualified candidates will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, and a friendly demeanor. We prefer an energetic professional who can wear multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, executive support, and business accounting related tasks. The ability to work independently with little or no supervision, be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people is a must.
Expertise and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee individual project(s) activities from start to finish.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece.
- Experience with general accounting and budgets.
- Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, peers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Legal and Risk Management:
- Manage business registrations and annual reports for all Neel-Schaffer legal entities.
- Manage company engineering license annual renewals, including organization and storage of licenses.
- Manage corporate legal vital information and partner with other corporate and operations functions.
- Manage Certificate of Insurance (COI) process.
- Manage insurance policies and endorsements, including premium invoicing.
- Coordinate insurance renewal documentation and processes.
- Assist General Counsel with subpoena response data collection and documentation.
- Electronic Discovery – work with IT to gather and manage storage/organization of email search requests.
- Organize and maintain litigation history schedule.
- Coordinate and manage legal invoices for timely review and payment and track legal matter spending.
- Contract administration/storage/organization.
- Manage Legal Hold Process.
- Coordinate and manage annual SAM registrations.
- Coordinate Secretary Certificate requests and draft certificates for each specific request for Secretary signature.
- Update and manage corporate minute books.
- Manage/update all legal/risk information in third party vendor websites.
- Manage all Service of Process functions, including distribution to correct department for completion.
Safety/Health and IT Support
- Support Director of Safety & Health, and Director of IT with schedule coordination and other administrative duties.
- Assist with safety dashboard data entry (incidents, field observations, and corporate training data).
- Acquire employee hour reports on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with the procurement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and shipping to various offices.
- Assign third-party online training to personnel as directed by the Director of Safety & Health.
- Modify and update safety training modules (PowerPoint) and safety meeting topics as directed.
- Coordinate and manage safety and IT related invoices for timely review and payment.
- Special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, the capacity to work well with fellow employees, and the ability to work well with minimal supervision. Additionally, the successful candidate must be flexible in supporting multiple leaders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, but also Word, PowerPoint, Forms, SharePoint, and One Drive.
- Exhibit discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with senior management team.
- Resourceful, problem solver, and experience developing processes.
- Experience working in a corporate, legal, insurance, consulting or executive office a plus.
- Occasional travel may be necessary periodically.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields