MISSISSIPPI, LOUISIANA, or TEXAS
Neel-Schaffer is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel, to thrive in an engaged, client-focused environment? Then you could be our next perfect fit for the role of Accountant in one of our Mississippi, Louisiana or Texas offices.
Neel-Schaffer is an ENR Top 250 Engineering Design firm based in Jackson, with offices across eight other Southeastern states. Our firm is seeking applications from a qualified, experienced Accountant. This position will play an integral role in performing regular fiscal duties to operate successfully. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and be organized and detail oriented.
- Supervises the preparation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the monthly posting to the general ledger.
- Supervises the preparation of management reports.
- Supervises the project accounting efforts.
- Adheres to master accounting schedules and makes sure that the various recurring accounting tasks are completed according to that schedule.
- Inputs income and expense items to the general ledger via the computer.
- Maintains all personal employee accounts for travel, entertainment and out-of-pocket expenses. Keeps record of cash advances and credit card purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting experience; Masters degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
- 5 or more years relative experience.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent time management skills and sense of urgency in meeting deadlines.
- Experience using Deltek preferred.
- Strong proficiency using accounting/financial software and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields