Batter Up! New fields add amenities to baseball complex
Neel-Schaffer provided engineering design and construction management services for three additional baseball/softball fields at popular Liberty Park in Madison.
The $3.5 million project, funded through municipal bonds, adds three new state-of-the-art fields to a park that already included four baseball fields, one softball field, six soccer fields, and a universally accessible playground.
The new fields have high-quality natural turf outfields, skinned infields, brick backstop walls, nostalgic wood outfield fences, expansive dugouts with protected areas for on-deck batters, irrigation, remotely controlled field lighting, and spectator bleachers that are covered by fabric shade structures.
The additions included:
- A 1,500-SF concession building.
- ADA-accessible tables for patrons.
- Detailed hardscape areas that make use of brick, scored concrete, and landscape plantings to enhance the quality of the recreational experience.
- Traffic-calming ‘speed tables’ in the park access road and parking areas.
- A 400-SF restroom building.
- A new ornamental entrance gate for the north entrance.
- Field lighting modifications that allow the existing field lights to be remotely controlled.